Saturday 17 January 2015

Crown Brush and Concealer Palette Review

I ordered five crown brushes from the crown website on the 13th and received them on the 16th (just giving a rough delivery process period!) I ordered a pointed foundation brush, two angled brushes, an angled eyeliner brush and an oval concealer brush. As well as the brushes I also ordered a 10 shade concealer palette. 

These are the two angled brushes a long with the large foundation brush. As soon as I opened them I knew I'd made the right choice by buying them! However the angle brush in the middle is way smaller than I expected it to be but it wasn't an issue as I wanted it for precise contouring anyway when I use the concealer palette. 

My favourite is definitely the pointed foundation brush which I actually purchased as tasha (tashalovesbeauty) uses it and recommends it. It blends foundation well, although I used the real techniques face sponge first then used the brush to blend further. It is so soft! 

As I said previously, the Middle (smaller) angled brush was purchased to use for the contouring palette which is exactly what I used it for aha. It's perfect for precise contouring, especially for the hollows of the cheeks. It disperses the product nicely and is dense so doesn't suck (?) the product up. 

Finally for these three brushes is the larger angled brush which I wanted for powder contouring or highlighter (either way!). Today I used it to powder over the liquid contouring and it worked well to blend everything so it looked natural rather than caked on which I was worried about. All of the face brushes I have mentioned are so soft and definitely good value for money. They are quite expensive but are also lovely brushes to have in your collection. 

Moving onto the angled eyeliner brush and oval concealer brush; these are both very dense for obvious reasons I spose aha. These brushes also have smaller handles so they're easier to use. 

The small concealer brush was also used during my contouring and highlighting (wannabe Kim k) routine today. I liked it, however it did not pick up as much product as I wanted so I had to keep applying product onto the brush. It's a good little brush to have, but I believe there are better ones available. 

The eyeliner brush again, as I've mentioned many times before haha, is very dense. I have been applying eyeliner since I was around 15 and I still have not mastered it so I struggled a little bit, but that's not unusual for me. The small size meant that I had a lot more control over the brush which helped but unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be a pro at eyeliner. 


The final crown product I have to talk about is the concealer palette which for 10 large shades of concealer is only £18 which I believe is good value for money. I used the first shade and the second to last shade on the bottom today because I wanted the two most contrasting colours so I can look at the colour pay off, how the blend, etc. I was happy with the way it turned out and would definitely recommend the palette! 

My order came to £54.00 including tax or vat or whatever it is (smooth) and delivery. It is quite a bit of money but the products are definitely worth it. 

Thanks for reading. Until next time...
Sophiey-Louise
xxx  



2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the foundation brush x it looks so soft and dense x expensive but if their work it then that's all that matters x enjoy them! X you'll have to do a pictorial of how you contour and highlight with the concealer palette x
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soph! I'll try and do that next 😘 xxx

      Delete